Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Busy Day but lunch date made it better



Today has been a busy day at work.  My wife and daughter came up to visit me for lunch which was a nice change of scenery but as soon as they went home I was back at it.   
I’m not really tracking my food that much until January 1st (official Day 1 of Diet) so I ate an excellent Chipotle Lunch and had my Granny’s homemade Chicken & Dumplings which were amazing…..3 bowls amazing to be exact.   

I also watched Joe Cross’s Documentary "Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead" which is a story about him embarking on a journey of going on a juicing fast for 60 days while travelling across America.   The stories and weight loss results he and others experienced on there really motivated me to not just settle for a 3-day fast (possibly go longer depending on how I feel).   

I then go to check my UPS tracking number on my new Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer and what do you know, it won’t be delivered until Monday January 5th.   This is going to cause a problem with going on a juice fast the 1st so I’m going to have to get creative…..I may ask to borrow my brother’s juicer to make sure I stick to my diet goal.  

I had mentioned that I would discuss some of the accessories or gadgets I’ll be using to monitor my process and activity.   The main one I will be using is my  UP24 by Jawbone  which i have now been wearing for a little over 15 months.  It’s just a bracelet that tracks my steps & sleep patterns with ease.  It ties into lots of other applications, tools, and websites to better sync all your information into one.  I also use My Fitness Pal which has been a vast catalog of food libraries and nutritional information.  I enter my food through My fitness pal and it syncs the data over to my UP Application.  



This is yesterday’s Progress from sleep to steps.
(Note I don’t have all the food entered)


I currently have my goals set on 6 1/2 Hours of Sleep & 7500 Steps a Day.  I stated that I want to average at least 5000 steps a day for a month.    Hopefully I can keep this up!


2013 - 299 lbs was heaviest
2014 - 258 lbs was lowest 
2015 - 225 lbs Goal

1 comment:

  1. Trader joes has some good clean juices with little fruit you could stock up on til your juicer gets here!

    ReplyDelete